Guided Virtual Wine Tasting with Kingston Family Vineyards in Chile
Thursday, November 19, at 6 pm ET
Join the Princeton Club of South Florida and the Princeton Club of Southwest Florida (based in Naples) on Thursday, November 19, at 6 pm ET for a guided wine tasting with Kingston Family Vineyards in Chile.
Princeton Club wine tasting, led by Princetonians,
with wines produced by Princetonians!
Princeton alumna/us Jennifer Pickens Kingston ’87 and Tim Kingston ’87, along with Chilean winemaker Orrego of Kingston Family Vineyards, will lead an interactive private virtual wine tasting event for fellow Tigers on Thursday, November 19. Join us to hear about this Chilean-American family and their entrepreneurial viticulture adventure while also learning about the character of the wines from the winemaker himself. Jen and Tim have handpicked a selection of 3 wines exclusively for the Princeton Clubs of South Florida and Southwest Florida. We hope you will choose to participate in this lively orange-and-black evening of social distanced togetherness!
Kingston Family Vineyards (KFV) has been recognized as “among the best wineries in Chile (Stephen Tanzer) and for “making some of Chile’s best pinots” (Food & Wine). In 2011, Kingston Family Vineyards was chosen to host a James Beard dinner in New York City, and named Winery of the Year by Wine and Spirits Magazine. Descorchados, South America’s leading wine critic and guide, has just named winemaker Amael Orrego the up and coming 2021 Winemaker of the Year.
THE THREE FEATURED WINES FOR THE TASTING
- 2018 Lucero Syrah: ripe blackberry fruit with some peppery aromas; bright acidity and a juicy yet light feel on the palate. Click HERE to view the tasting notes for this wine.
- 2017 Tobiano Pinot Noir: delicate with aromas of red fruit and light herbal notes. Click HERE to view the tasting notes for this wine.
- 2016 Sabino Chardonnay: fresh and energetic with a lovely balance of citrus, beeswax, and toastiness. Click HERE to view the tasting notes for this wine.
HOW DOES THE VIRTUAL TASTING WORK?
- 1. Click on the “Register Here” button above and purchase the wines for the tasting. The cost of the wine tasting is $99 (+ shipping) and includes the guided tasting and the 3-bottle set of wines listed above.
- 2. Your 3-bottle wine set will be delivered directly to your door prior to the wine tasting.
- 3. The guided wine tasting event on Thursday, November 19, will be held through Zoom. The Zoom details will be emailed to you after you register for the tasting.
In order to receive your wines in time for the virtual wine tasting, please register by Tuesday, October 27 (with standard shipping rates) or by Thursday, November 10 (with an additional $15 expedited shipping fee). The wines can only be shipped to a US address, and must be signed for by an age 21+ recipient.
WHEN: Thursday, November 19, at 6 pm ET
COST: $99 + shipping (includes 3 bottles of wine shipped to your address and the virtual wine tasting event)
WHERE: Virtual event via Zoom
DRESS CODE: Princeton attire